On Wednesday, Atul Pathak OBE celebrated and rewarded community groups and local organisations for all their hard work in their communities.
At an event in the House of Commons, Atul sponsored awards with grants ranging from £3,000 to £500, plus support from his network of restaurants relating to their work for the year.
The winning organisations operate in the areas Appt Corporation has operations. The winners were:
- Colindale Communities Trust – Community Group of the Year
- Move Into Wellbeing – Service to the Community Award
- P.E.S.T.S (Parents of Ealing Self Help Training Scheme)
- Youmanity – Community Partnership Award Gold
- Plogolution – Community Partnership Award Gold
- East Barnet Community Festival – Community Partnership Award Silver
- Wokingham, Bracknell and Districts Mencap – Community Partnership Award Silver Award
- Boyne Hill Cricket Club – Community Partnership Award Bronze
Atul commented: “Giving something back to the community is woven into the DNA of my business. That’s why the Community Awards are such a joy to host and it’s humbling to find, celebrate and reward people and organisations who give so much to their communities. It’s also a pleasure to give them cash grants plus ongoing support to help their work too!
“All winners were such a strong contenders for the Awards and I hope the support we are giving will help them to achieve their goals. My message to them is keep up the great work!”